Once you’ve qualified as a driving instructor, you may be left wondering what the best option is for you to take next. Many newly-qualified instructor face a tug-of-war between going independent or joining a driving school franchise. There are, of course, positives and negatives for both options. However, the positives of joining a franchise far outweigh the positives of going independent.
We’re here to tell you about all the great benefits of joining a driving instructor franchise and answer any questions you may have about what it means to be part of a driving school franchise.
Why choose a driving instructor franchise?
Choosing a driving instructor franchise rather than going independent allows you to focus solely on teaching, and you can leave the rest up to the driving school franchise you have chosen. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into running a driving school, for example, marketing, website design and bookings systems that allow you to stay on top of your upcoming lessons.
driveJohnson’s driving school franchise has excellent marketing, web design and a seamless booking system. The owner of driveJohnson’s is actually a 50% partner in GUD ideas, so you can be confident that the web design and marketing side of things will be handled professionally. We specialise in getting pages to the first page of Google and other search engines, as well as ensuring we have a high social media presence.
driveJohnson’s will also initially handle the bookings side of things for you, securing pupils online through their website and social media such as Facebook. As an independent instructor, it will be your job to handle bookings which can be difficult if you’re out teaching for up to 12 hours a day. As I’m sure you know, it is illegal to use your phone while teaching a learner driver, so organising lessons with other pupils during the day will be extremely difficult.
driveJohnson’s driving school franchise is so confident they can get you the work, offer a completely free 2-week trial, so you can test the waters before committing to anything. If you’re not satisfied for any reason after the 2-week trial, you can walk away and keep any pupils you gained during the trial, it’s a win-win situation!
What do you get with a driving school franchise?
- Ongoing supply of pupils, all you need to do is enter how many pupils you need on the instructor app, and they will take care of the rest
- Easy to use modern online booking system which can be viewed and managed through smartphone devices
- Marketing materials and resources delivered to you to enhance your lessons and teaching, such as business cards, progress cards and a car roof sign
- Personalised instructor profile page on our website where pupils can find direct contact details and leave positive reviews about their experience learning to drive with you
- Office support 7 days a week, their friendly office team are always on hand to offer advice and support
- Breakdown assistance and help arranging a courtesy car and finding an instructor to cover any upcoming tests at short notice, so your pupils aren’t let down
- Online appointment diary set up for you and our bookings team to use to manage your bookings
Becoming a driving school franchisee
If all of the above sounds tempting and you want to find out more about becoming a franchise owner with driveJohnson’s, you can find out more on their website or give them a call on 0330 124 4877, and they’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.